We are happy to introduce laser dentistry to our practice
A dental laser is a device that uses a concentrated high energy beam of light to remove soft tissue, or infection with high precision and accuracy. The laser will sterilize the tissues and seal blood vessels causing minimal infection or bleeding. In a large number of cases, local anesthetic is not required or the dosage is reduced. Your safety is paramount, therefore the proper protective eyewear is given to you to shield you from the high intensity beam.
The laser can perform a number of procedures such as:
- exposure of unerupted teeth
- fibroma removal
- gum shaping for crown impressions
- gum reshaping for aesthetics
- abscess drainage
- helping the starting phase of root canal treatment
- soft tissue reshaping
- treatment of canker sores in the mouth
- additional periodontal pocket sterilization adjunct to traditional scaling and root planning improving the clinical outcome
The laser is another tool that we have added to our armamentarium in order to bring you the best treatment options possible. We welcome the opportunity to help with your optimal oral health.